Who will benefit?
The direct target group for TACTICS is decision makers within and outside the health sector (e.g., EU, national and regional officials, government authorities, lead agencies for child health, public health, education, transport) who have responsibility for policy actions affecting childhood trauma and injury, childhood safety and the monitoring of progress in achieving these goals.
Their enhanced capacity to make informed decisions on the adoption of evidenced good practices allocation of resources to address child injury should result in positive outcomes for the underlying core target groups: children, their families and people working to improve child safety in at all levels within European countries.
Why is the TACTICS project important?
- It addresses child injuries: the leading cause of child death, disability and inequalities in Europe
- It supports children's right to safety as agreed to by all Member States’ signed commitment to the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- It examines intentional and unintentional child injuries nationally and sub-nationally
- It supports the development and implementation of Child Safety Action Plans for Member States
- It is developing practical tools and resources to be used by Member States to support uptake of child safety policies based on evidenced good practice solutions